INTERNATIONALISATION STRATEGY 2020
International Strategy, which was developed by PSTU take University to 2020, which sets out our internationalisation objectives and is supported with developing the international capacity of our staff, enhancing our international dimension into research and academic activities.
“Internationalisation” is key to PSTU’s success and is embedded in everything we do. All Faculty, Department and staff have “international objectives” as part of their yearly appraisal process and personal development plans. There are many ways that staff, both professional services and academic, can support our International Strategy and help create truly “global graduates”. The University Complex Development Program has Internationalisation as one of its topic themes and outlines the following aims:
To develop the University internationally we will:
- do high quality, ground-breaking research in collaboration with industries and business operators;
- develop study programs that prepare students to succeed in the modern global economy;
- create opportunities for international mobility programs, for both students and academic staff;
- promote and publicize our strengths on the international stage.
This strategy aims to help PSTU achieve a deep-rooted international culture, and global impact in its work.
The strategy is designed to help us bring about measurable benefits for the University in a wide range of business areas, including:
- Improved cultural understanding between the University and key international partners;
- Increasing sustainable and diversified recruitment of highly-qualified students;
- Establish research partnerships which have intellectual value;
- Enhanced institutional reputation;
- Better employment and exchange opportunities for PSTU students;
- A curriculum and campus which is attractive to UA and international students who will be increasingly active in a global marketplace;
- Academic and research endeavor and opportunity;
- Reputation building, stakeholder engagement and embedding the university international profile;
- Internationalisation in the PSTU community.
To build international activity which is rooted in the academic strengths of the University we will establish a range of measures to encourage and support international links in the areas of research, teaching and knowledge exchange. These will be founded on the University’s academic strengths and the long-term research achievements of departments and will include revision and updating of academic programs, applying for research funds, ensuring seminar and conference support, and a program of international profile-building.
To support internationally significant research undertaken at PSTU
To enhance international opportunity for students PSTU will intensify the activities defined in the cooperation agreements working with a range of partners. We will also need to define the ways in which we will work towards helping our students become ‘global citizens’.
Travelling on behalf of the University, in any form, gives staff the opportunity to experience different working practices in an international context, meet peers from various cultural backgrounds working in diverse communities.
These experiences can help staff develop their own skills in understanding and communicating effectively with others as well undertaking important work to drive internationalisation at PSTU forward.
To develop the curriculum and research environment at PSTU so that it is attractive to UA and international staff and students.
The University’s aims to make the curriculum culturally diverse and internationally focused, and provide a high quality research environment via collaboration with the key players in industries.
PSTU will continue building up reputation among business, alumni, mass media and other opinion-forming audiences, and promote all aspects of the University’s work. Current strong student recruitment indicates that the University has a good reputation in its main recruitment markets.
As part of this, we will continue to map existing links and ensure that our most important alliances have a critical mass of work and personal relationships to support and sustain them. We will develop memoranda of understanding of real substance with institutions which are a good fit for PSTU in important teaching, research or knowledge exchange areas.
- Internationalization of education
- In-depth study and use foreign experience in the development of education and science, including the implementation of the requirements of the Bologna Process.
- Development of educational, scientific and cultural relations of the University with foreign partners, organizations.
- 3.The use of new communication technologies to expand the geography of international cooperation.
- 4.Updating educational programs and strengthening the material and technical base of the university in international educational and scientific projects.
- Internationalization of education, the development of plans for courses with an international theme and creation of the courses with increased international component.
- Increasing the contingent and geography of foreign in PSTU.
- Increasing of the academic mobility:The internationalization of education in Ukraine and the EU proceeds in very similar forms and directions, so the foreign experience of cooperation in great demand.
- Improving the quality of researches – mobility of the researchers and specialists, attraction of leading European scientists to the joint researching and teaching at the university.
- Development of international institutional mobility and mobility programs
- The development of the export of educational services.
- Academic mobility of students and teachers, which allows to provide new levels of interaction between the various educational and economic systems, the organization of training and training of specialists in the leading foreign educational centers.
- Promoting cooperation between educational and scientific organizations
- Development of new, including interdisciplinary, research directions
- Solving global problems, creating a culture of commercialization and technology transfer
- Increasing the quality of the personnel of potential in research and manufacture innovative areas
- Maximum use of the potential and resources of the University to achieve results in all areas and aspects of international activities;
- Monitoring of the current state and potential of international cooperation in the faculties, departments and divisions of the University, bringing them to the expansion of international, educational and scientific cooperation;
- Expansion of international contacts, which are necessary to provide scientific and practical activities and educational work of the university;
- Improving University rankings by increasing the weighting of the index “International Activities”;
- Expansion of geography of the international cooperation of the University through the signing of agreements on international cooperation with educational and research institutions and improve the effectiveness of international cooperation at the level of departments, faculties, the university as a whole
- Informing students of the University of opportunities and proposals for participation in the programs of academic mobility abroad.
- Advising students on preparation and filing of documents on education, scientific training, etc ..
- Ensuring compliance with current legislation in the organization and execution of the departure of students in universities.
- Organization of presentations of grant, scholarship and other programs and activities to promote academic mobility of students of the University
- Administration and coordination of the introduction of a double degree and exchange programs for students
- Issuing invitation for studies,
- medical insurance,
- visa support