INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ESSAY COMPETITION"PSTU" > Press-center > INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ESSAY COMPETITION
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ESSAY COMPETITION ON “MY CONTRIBUTION TO THE REALIZATION OF THE UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS BY 2030“, organized under Project 13-2017 “Youth, Universities and Business – Key Partners in Achieving the Global Sustainable Development Goals“, funded by the state subsidy for scientific work intrinsic to D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics – Svishtov, Bulgaria.
1) Which of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, adopted by the UN in 2015, do you think is the most important for implementing the idea “The world we want to live in by 2030”? Justify your choice.
2) Which Sustainable Development Goal is the most overlooked in terms of implementing the idea “The world we want to live in by 2030”? Justify your choice.
3) If you could pick one Sustainable Development Goal to form the basis of a course at university, which would it be and why? Explain what you would like to learn in that course.
4) What creative ideas can you define for achieving one of the Sustainable Development Goals? This question asks you to be creative and think about the various ways this Sustainable Development Goal can be achieved.
5) In the city where you go to university, which Sustainable Development Goal could make the biggest change for its sustainable future? Explain why.
Participation in the competition:
The international competition is open to students doing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, management and administration and related fields.
1. Length of the essay – up to 3600 characters or 2 standard pages (A4, TNR14 pt, 1.5 lines).
2. The deadline for submitting essays aе firstname.lastname@example.org is 30 August 2017.
3. Each author can participate with one essay only. Authors should indicate their names and surnames, university, major, course, faculty number and e-mail address for feedback.
4. The essays will be judged by a jury of professors from D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics – Svishtov and from international universities involved in the project.
5. The authors, if selected, will receive certificates of participation and their essays will be published on CD with an ISBN.